BUT I’M JUST SO EXCITED!
I understand that all this conference talk is insanely boring for people who are not attending. But I do want to connect with those of you who are going to BlogHer.
So, let’s make us all happy with a post for everyone!
Without further ado, I present a new linkup:
Get to Know the Blogger!
Whether or not you’re going to BlogHer, these facts will help you decide whether I am generally someone you want to hang out with or someone you want to keep a safe distance from.
Here we go!
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I am an only child. I grew up being treated like a little adult in many ways. Sometimes this was good, sometimes this was bad. One good thing: I grew up going out to nice restaurants and learned to appreciate good food at a young age. If I had unlimited budget and calories didn’t count, I’d go out to dinner to top restaurants at least 2x a week!
2. I looooove to dance. Though I wouldn’t trade my life now for anything, I do miss the days of being young and single and going out dancing at clubs. Not to techno music, mind you – to hip hop and other fun music that you sing along with. “Call Me Maybe” would be a fave of mine 10 years ago. (Ok, I admit. It’s a fave now, too.) I also danced tap, jazz, ballet, and more from age 5 to age 21.
3. I joke about my love of Wine O’Clock, but I actually like beer a lot, too. And I usually drink beer instead of wine at parties because I am a lightweight and get tipsy quickly. Beer lasts longer!
4. I am not shy. At all. I usually have a big smile on my face and I love meeting new people. My husband doesn’t understand why I like meeting new people so much. I just do. But until high school, I was much more reserved and hesitant.
5. I used to be a big old hippie crunchy girl. I still wear Birkenstocks.
6. I am only 5 feet tall. I almost always wear heels. Unless I am wearing my Birks.
7. I am a bit of a geek. I love gadgets and technology. And I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and other sci-fi stuff. Not like hardcore, convention-going kind of love, but I am definitely a Star Trek: The Next Generation fan. And the 2009 Star Trek movie is one of my top 5 faves. Yes, really.
So that’s me. A short little hippy, geeky, beer-drinking, food loving, outgoing, dancing fool of a blogger.
Bloggers – write a post and link up!
Two options for you:
1. Write a post and list up to 7 things your readers don’t yet know about you. Grab my “Get to Know the Blogger” button above and use it in your post to link to this post. And be sure to link up here!
2. I know BlogHer attendees are busy getting ready for the conference, so if you don’t have time to write a new post, just link up an old one that tells us something about you. If you have time to grab the button, insert it in your post, and link to here, that would be much appreciated. If not, no big deal.
– If you are attending BlogHer, please put that in your title so we know (see my example below).
– Remember, you don’t have to be going to BlogHer to link up! Linkups are a great way to introduce your blogs to more readers.
– Please visit and comment on at least the link before yours.