My girls and I have been baking like crazy around here. Even though I have a wonky oven and it’s turning out to be a game of chance with each batch (will the oven suddenly shoot up to 450 degrees? Will it plummet to 250?), we’ve been relatively successful. Kind of.
But these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies turned out great and they’re so easy! My kids loved rolling the balls and smushing them down. I adapted the recipe from My Life and Kids – hers is great if you need a gluten-free recipe.
This is a perfect last-minute cookie recipe. Enjoy – and Merry Christmas!
Honest Mom’s Super Easy, One-Bowl, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 24 cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour (I use white whole wheat)
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together.
- Add flour and mix well. Batter will be crumbly, but will hold together when squeezed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Roll about one tablespoon of dough into a ball.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly into a round disk. Repeat for 23 more balls.
- If you’d like, use a fork to press a criss-cross design into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe? Share in the comments!