What is the absolute worst time you’ve pulled out your phone, only to find the battery DOA?
It’s happened to me way more than I care to admit. You’d think I’d learn from my mistakes. But noooooo, I just keep ending up with a dead phone in situations when I reallllly needed my phone to be working.
I’m not talking about the kind of situations most people would consider emergencies. I’m talking about something much more dire – MOM emergencies.
1) 5yo has tolerated a couple hours of errands. I’ve insisted on her occupying herself with good old fashioned crayons and coloring books, but she is now revolting. She wants to watch Peppa Pig on my phone or she will lose it. I relent, pull out my phone, and … wah-wahhh. Dead battery.
2) No food in the house. Hubs and I decide to take the kids to a restaurant. They patiently wait with us for a table and sit through ordering dinner. Hubs and I want to talk with each other (imagine that), so we bring out our old iPhones for the kids to play with and … wah-wahhh. Dead batteries. And hangry kids.
3) Three-hour road trip. Kids will be entertained by crayons and books for approximately 23 minutes so we’ll let them play on the … nope. Forgot to charge the old phones.
4) At 5yo’s gymnastics. 8yo needs to practice her spelling words and actually doesn’t mind it when using a spelling app on my phone but guess whose phone is out of juice? Yup.
5) I’m sitting at a 1.5 hour dance class. I have been productive the whole freaking day. I really just want to zone out and watch silly You Tube videos for a little while (don’t judge, happy cats and babies make me giggle). Guess whose phone is dead and instead gets to listen to dance studio tweens yapping and squealing for 90 minutes instead?
What’s that saying about insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results? Yeah. That’s me and my iPhone battery expectations. Sigh.
Well, guess what? If this all sounds too familiar, I’ve got a giveaway for you.
To keep you charged and connected (unlike me – though I’m remedying that ASAP with a myCharge portable charger), myCharge is giving 3 lucky winners each an iPad mini with a myCharge HUB 6000 portable charger, and 40 winners an Energy Shot compact portable charger!
The amazingly compact Hub 6000 features built-in cables and connectors for smartphones, tablets, e-readers and more. Get up to 27 hours of additional talk time for your devices, as well as integrated, quick-charge wall prongs. The Hub series is commonly known as the “Swiss Army Knife of portable power devices.”
The Energy Shot compact portable charger for smartphones delivers an additional boost when you need it most. The charger comes in a variety of styles and can give you up to 10 hours of talk time! (Please note, smart phone not included in giveaway).
Fill out the entry form below September 15, 2014 – October 15, 2014 for your chance to be one of 40 winners to receive an Energy Shot Charger (10 winners randomly selected each week) and one of 3 grand prize winners randomly selected on October 15, 2014 to receive one iPad Mini with a myCharge HUB 6000 portable charger. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older, must live in the United States and have a valid shipping address. See giveaway form for complete list of rules and details.
PS – This is a sponsored post from myCharge. In return for posting about myCharge, I am getting a portable charger, plus following Honest Mom is included as an option to earn a giveaway entry. Good luck!